If you're having issues trying to live stream into Facebook groups using LIVEpigeon, there are 3 things you can try to change in the Group Settings on Facebook. If you aren't able to get new Groups to appear in the LIVEpigeon app, check out this article here!
Solution 1: Making yourself an Admin of your Group
This problem can arise if you have created a Facebook Group that exists within a Facebook Page. By default Facebook does make your personal Profile the admin, it makes the Facebook Page admin of the group. So if you are having trouble being able to post or change settings in your group, make sure you are the admin by following these steps:
• Login as your Page on Facebook
• Navigate to "Groups you Manage"
• Click on the "Members" Tab
• You should see your Profile in the list of Members
• Click the 3 dot icon to the right of your name
If you don't see your profile here, it means you haven't added yourself as a member to this group. Make sure to join the group.
• Choose "Add as Admin" from the popup menu
Solution 2: Add LIVEpigeon App to your Group
Next step to try, is to add the LIVEpigeon Facebook App to your Group. You'll notice that in the LIVEpigeon software, it will notify you to do this before going LIVE into your selected Group.
• Navigate to your Group Settings and scroll to the bottom
• Under the "Manage advanced settings" tab, select the pencil icon to the right of "Apps"
• In the popup menu you will see all of your added apps
• If LIVEpigeon does not appear in this window, click the "Add Apps" button
• In the search bar type "LIVEpigeon"
• Click on the LIVEpigeon icon and select "Add"
Solution 3: Change Allowed Post Types in your Group
The last thing for you to check is which posts are allowed in the group. It is possible that LIVE videos have been disabled as an option in the group and could be preventing you from posting.
• Navigate to your Group Settings from the Destinations Tab in LIVEpigeon
• Under the "Post Formats" tab, select the pencil icon to the right of "Live Videos"
• Make sure the "Live" option is enabled
If the "Live" option does not appear, you will have to take a couple of extra steps to make sure it shows up in this menu. Below is how to add it.
• In your Group Settings navigate to the "Manage Discussion" tab
• Select the pencil icon to the right of "Edit post formats"
• Find the "Live videos" option and click "Add"
• Now this option should appear in the "Post Formats" tab
And there you go! Hopefully these solutions helped you fix going LIVE into your Facebook Groups! If you aren't able to get new Groups to appear in the LIVEpigeon app, check out this article here!
If this still wasn't the solution for you, reach out to us directly at
email@example.com • (208) 400-6999